Tuesday, January 18, 2011

On the Lack of Privacy

See, the thing with having a brother is, there's no chance of having a single room in the house. More often than not, I'm sharing room with the younger brother. Back in the hometown, we get the bigger room as compared to sis's. But the problem with that is, our room is connected to the balcony. So. That said, whenever Mum needs to put out the laundry, our room gets invaded. As in she'd opened the door and head to the other door leading to the balcony. Irregardless of what we (or I) were doing inside the room.

But then again, there was no excuse of locking the door and not let them come in.

However... Now that mum and dad gave me the bigger room in the new place, while they take the middle room and sis, still the single smallest room, at least I've finally get the opportunity of having a room entirely to myself. Well, the younger brother isn't around anyways. Mum and dad thought they're not always in KL, so might as well I get the larger room, in case well, next time I might "settle down".

But I suppose, old habit never die. The fact that we never really lock the boys' room, as compared to a girls' room since young, sort of have the idea that it's OKAY to barge into a boy's room anyhow anytime. For some unknown reason, I suppose it's like, normal for everyone to assume that boys don't have to be so secretive?

Like, hello? I can be so naked in my room and I want to be that way. Right?

It wasn't the first time that sis came into the room WITHOUT knocking, and go straight into my bathroom. Reason being, she wants to replace my toilet roll (even though I don't use them), or the soap or wash the toilet bowl, or simply just to replace the freshener. I think I blogged about her using the keys to unlock my door once. Or did I not? Well, yea she did. I was furious!

Tonight, Mom did the same. She came into the room, walked around inspecting my clothes, and did some ironing. I was half hoping that she would go out already. And when she did, she left the door wide open. Like... huh? What's that all about?

So. I don't know if it's just me or if it's applicable to all the boys out there. Are we supposed to be the gender that doesn't need much respect of privacy just because we're supposed to be the masculine gender? That it's OKAY to be seen near naked?...

6 Jujus:

Reanaclaire said...

If my boys read this, they will agree 100% with u.. :P

btw, Jason, did u read my email?

Robinn T said...

haha exact same thoughts man... its like even half way you are having some "business" people would just knocking so freaking hard, EVEN when you picked a "laid" time like 2.ooam. BOys mar... whats there to see? according to all adults I've asked

[SK] said...

i have my own private big room, but same like yours it's connected to the balcony.. so everyone will just walk in and dump their clothes for laundry.. so there's no privacy at all for me..

TZ said...

I have the room by myself since young and my parent actually respect my privacy. So I have no problem sleeping naked with my door locked.

Gratitude said...

She's stop barging into your room if she got to see the ever-elusive lil' willy! wakakakaka
+Ant+

blue said...

same problem i have. well if u suddenly start locking the door then they will be thinking what crimes we are commiting in the room. So susah loh