Sunday, December 19, 2010

On the Malakoff Run 2010

It's the last run I'm running this year. 12km in the hilly Damansara Heights area. I've already anticipated a difficult run. And I wasn't wrong. Despite the training every day for the past couple of weeks, running uphill still is challenging to me. Maybe because, well, I'm fat? Which was why I had to work double the skinny men to run uphill. LOL.

Reached Bukit Kiara Equestrian Club and Country Resort at 6 in the morning. Runners were already arriving and everyone looked so professional! I was made known that there were 2000 runners for this run. Making me feel so inferior. Then again, I suppose that's what's bringing most people down, the lack of confidence.

But what the heck, I found out when I collected my jersey that all the 12km runners would get a finisher medal anyways. Wee!~ I was pretty dispirited earlier because the registration website stated only those who finished within 1'35'00 will receive a medal.

Run started at 7.10 in the morning with a run up the hill. Tough indeed. Was gasping for air like nobody's business. One by one the runners overtook me. The route was around the residential area of Damansara Heights. The residencies of the high ends, lifestyles of the rich (and famous?). But the uphill climb... Gosh... was killing me....

Before I knew it, I've reached the highways. Sort of. Just a small part maybe. It was the only familiar place around Damansara Heights, where the HP headquarters is. Been there a few times last couple of years because my lappie threw hissy fits on me. But the run went uphill again after that.

Tough... Gasping... Uhhh... My God... breath... Breath... Oxygen....

To make it worse, we had to do 2 rounds of that. Can die I tell you!

And if you're wondering, yeah I wonder too, wherever did my stamina go. LOL. I trained, for a bit. I think. After I came back from Penang.

Alas, I came back down the hill and under the flyover, back to the finishing line, clocking a time of 1'15"00... Phuh... not bad for a hilly route. Haha. Though I was like, twice the speed of the winner. Wait, I'm actually quite fast! For my own expectation! LMAO! I'm so proud of myself. HAHA.

I was so relief it was over. Headed home straight away after that and collapse in bed straight away. Especially after the party last night. Gosh... I so need my sleep....zzzzzzz...

On second thought, I think the entire route wasn't exactly 12km. It's quite impossible for me to finish such a tough route in such a short time. All the more everyone else was complaining "starting uphill, coming back also uphill."

But oh well... I heart my medal! :P

5 Jujus:

TZ said...

Your stamina gone with the alcohol last night...

Small Kucing said...

good for you!

[SK] said...

wow, cool!! another medal into your collection.. :)

joshyboi said...

you should blog more about the party! lol

Twilight Man said...

The medal looks nice! I want! I want!