Saturday, December 04, 2010

On the espresSoup

Saw the banner about the opening of the first soup kiosk in the country in the Curve not long ago. But somehow, every time I was there, never really came around to visit the place until last weekend.

The kiosk is located inside MPH bookstore, pretty much like a Starbucks inside Borders. But instead of coffee, this kiosk actually offer hot soup. Not sure if there's anyone who would purposely visit the kiosk for lunch or dinner like what I did. LOL.

It was special in a way, I thought, because they serve hot soup in a specially baked bowl-shaped bread. The bread, called Farmer Bread, originated from Germany, made from wheat and rye flours.

Eating the soup in bread has its special way. You wouldn't wanna finish the soup and leave the bread behind. So there was a guide or something, giving instructions on how to eat the soup.

My humble opinion, I thought the dish was nice somewhat, but not towards the end of it, I started to get bored of it and almost thought I couldn't finish it, although the portion was considered medium size. Perhaps I just wasn't cut out to eat too much soaked bread. LOL.

5 Jujus:

[SK] said...

just so-so only lor, and i will only order the normal serving without bread if i ever patronise again~~

Twilight Man said...

Wow! I love that food for sure! I want! I want!






BTW have you moved to stay inside the Curve? You eat there so often, rich Medie! :)

foongpc said...

I love the bread and the soup!! Especially the mushroom soup! Yum!!

Gratitude said...

nice quiet place.

TZ said...

Make me think of clam chowder in San franscisco.