Saturday, November 06, 2010

On the Climate Change Awareness

Read this in TZ's blog not long ago. And not long back, I saw in the news about Cholera outbreak in Haiti.

So it reminded me about one of the comics in display in the event where TZ blogged about. I was there after I read about it in his blog, and true enough, it was quite an interesting exhibition. Comics on display were hilarious in some ways, but conveyed very strong messages about global warming and its long term complications; like the melting of the poles, water shortage, temperature rise and all.

But what interest me more, despite the good effort in recycling paper, I really do wonder why they encourage the public or visitors to write on them recycled paper and paste it on the display board. I mean, well... I didn't see any point in using them paper for such activities, I thought it was quite a waste.

Then again... maybe that's what attracting the visitors...

3 Jujus:

Twilight Man said...

I believe majority of the campaigners are not even sure of its recycling meaning. My ex colleague used to tick me off for throwing all used A4 into the bin. One day, I blew my top and gunned him down for being a worst hypocrite I ever met. He was a chain smoker and there goes tree cutting and air pollution.


He has quit smoking since.

SynchingZincInc said...

Would agree with small sacrifices or the use of recycled materials to create awareness. In Malaysia, people would only follow suit if proper enforcement of environment policies are being exercised.

Helix

Elliott Harvell said...

Wow! Those bikes were the coolest bikes that I've seen in my entire existence here on earth! I'm sure that every reader here in your blog will be interested in having this bike of yours. Well anyways, aside of maintaining ad protecting the performance of your bike and the bike itself, you must also protect yourself from any bike accidents that may occur. But when tough times come, it is better for us to have someone that we can count on to. Like in Oakland, motorcycle accident lawyers are the ones who do the job in providing legal advices for the victims of different bike accidents. Also in Oakland, motorcycle accident attorneys do their best just for the victims to have justice that they truly deserve.