Monday, August 16, 2010

On Adding a Senior on FB

I've heard about not adding seniors or bosses as friends on your facebook. But I've never known what the consequences are until it happened to me.

On the coming of my 5th week in Orthopaedic posting, I posted a status message on my FB, tagging a few friends who went the morning rounds together with me. We were at the end of the 4th week, contemplating about wanting to extend our tagging in the morning rounds. We had after all, completed 4 weeks of morning round tagging, and served our time being emotionally ragged in the rounds. And the message went like this, "Monday morning wanna go morning rounds or not?"

Some of them replied to the status, still showing uncertainty. So I replied to it, asking another more definite question, "If wanna go I'll come back Sunday night. Otherwise I'll go back Monday."

But who'd have known, one of them actually had one of the doctors in the morning round team as a friend. And that doctor apparently posted another status message on his FB. "OMG! Our juniors medical students (future doctors) are discussing whether to join the morning ward round or not on FB.. really open eye."

That was when more doctors and lecturers joining in on his discussion.

"some balik kampung and come back late, some say may be wake up late.. but at least got one really hardworking.. kinda impressed by her attitude .."

"it's sad isn't it? makes you worry about the future of medicine.."

"now the good one is one in hundred? SAD!!"

"it's more likely one in 200 or so.. :( "

"Dr.A must be good to have u as teacher there. anyway, even one also can not give up ..
Boss: kind of worry .. our juniors seem not really bother.. sometimes, dun not know whether they know or dun know. if they know, very... happy for them . just worry they dun know and pretend know .."

Caused quite a roar after that when the one who has that doctor as a friend informed the rest of us in private message. My God! Like, really! I seriously do not know where to hide my face...

6 Jujus:

Danny said...

thats y i dun want to have an fb account ;p
good luck showing ur face lo ;p

[SK] said...

haha, that why, if you have colleagues (or even boss) and relatives as friends in FB, better be careful what you do in there~~ ;p

Reanaclaire said...

i also seldom on FB..

blue said...

things happen...delete comment lo...and next time dont repeat it :P

William said...

Don't be too worried about that, sometimes it's just the "holier than thou" attitude talking.

cpl said...

bleh.. as if la they weren't students before.