Wednesday, July 07, 2010

On the Sony 40" TV and Home Theatre System

One month ago, on the 7th of June, I received a call from a local number while I was in the lecture. It was someone from Maxis saying I've won some lucky draw thingy and I need to go claim it from the Maxis tower. I was skeptical at first, but the caller later gave me another number, a handphone number, Mr. R, should I have any enquiries. I called, and reconfirmed I won the lucky draw.

So I came home and told my parents about it. They said it was all bull shit. Part of me thought so, but part of me were disappointed. I went online, checked for any lucky draw from Maxis, and found none. The next day, Mr R called me and asked me what time I'd be going to pick up the prize. I told him I called the customer service to enquire about the lucky draw, to which I was told there was none. But apparently, Mr. R reassured me I won, and led me to open the site where my name was listed.

Eyes wide open really.

Never before had I won anything. And it's not some consolation mind you. I'm just one step shy from the grand prize of 10k travelling voucher! Though the voucher would be great, I suppose I shouldn't be complaining as well.

So we headed over to Maxis Tower that afternoon to claim our prize. It was humongous! 40" isn't that small. And the home theatre series, long have I been dreaming to have all those surrounding sound from the movies... I couldn't thank Karma enough. Really. LOL. Guys at the office congratulated me again and again, and asked me if I needed any help moving the big box, because they were more than willing to help. One of them even said he's got an empty space at home for me to place to TV at. LOL.

The entire weekend, we've been watching movies at home. With the speaker blasting to a volume my Mum feared would shatter the wall. But it was an extroadinaire experience. LOL!

Just that. Here's the problem. We've got another Samsung LCD TV of 32'' which is just 1 month old. Wondering who'd want to buy it from us? We're offering it at 1.8k. Market price is currently 2.2k. I'm serious. No joking. Write to me aye!

And if you're wondering why wasn't I euphoric over the lottery, rest assured I had been for the past one month. LOL.

10 Jujus:

smallkucing said...

congratulations wor

William said...

Durian runtuh!

Danny said...

congrats.. nvr hace any luck in lucky draw... ;(

manglish said...

waaaaaaaa so lucky, i never won anything b4 leh....maybe must touch u for good luck hahhaaa :p

[SK] said...

wow, congratulations!! 40" LCD TV leh, consider very good already, free one don't expect lah..

LittleLamb said...

damn lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if u offer installment, i dont mind

Reanaclaire said...

wowowwww... i also must not delete anymore maxis sms.. i normally do.. sigh.. wonder whether i won anything or not.. hahahaa...
btw, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Gratitude said...

Wuz it you who mentioned that my birthday is juz around the corner? *winks*
+Ant+

Anonymous said...

wowwww so lucky of u, congrats!

CH Voon said...

wah... congratulation to you and feel really happy to you too.

it comes on time... time for FOOTBALL!!!!