Tuesday, July 06, 2010

On the Grey Area

Fine, let's face it. I'm not exactly that filial a son if you look into times when I didn't really wanna talk to my Mum. I mean, well, she started it! People who goes out with me would've known what it's like when I really do mean my Mum's obsessive. So more often than not, despite the heart wanted to talk while she has yet to call, when she does, I would just lose it and give her one word answer. "Mm." "Yes." "Not yet." "Dinner." "Outside."

I mean, who wouldn't if all she's asking everytime she called was "At home?" "Have your dinner yet?" "Shower already? Hot weather."

Like. Hello!? I'm not underage anymore M.O.M..

Sometimes I really thought of letting it out and tell her that what she's doing is annoying, really irritating to the extent that I just could not care less anymore. Yes, to that extent!

This morning, as per usual, the morning text from her.

"Morning Medie. Wish you a happy day. P/s dun turn away from mummy. I am guiding you the path to success. Differentiate what is white and what is black. Dun go to grey."

Erm. Hello. Should she want to guide me to the path of success, THIS is definitely not the RIGHT way.

And what the HELL is GREY?!



Argh!
I'm speechless.

Then again, I never really speak to her about this.

1 Jujus:

ZT said...

Medie, maybe ur mom had ever gone through something that might be traumatic to her in childhood or she ever lost something precious before, that's why she is so paranoid on your safety.

Things can't be changed overnight, no matter how, say sorry to ur mum first, talk to and reassure her in a soft tone, ask her why is she so anxious about you and what will be a good solution regarding on her problem.She needs time to reflect and change.

ur mum has taken care of u for the past 20 years (? or less than that) from the day u come out from her womb until the day u left her for ur study, all the while she has adopted the parenting affection that she feel hard to let u go now. She loves u more than herself.

U are a filial son, you are sad and freak out because you care who is she to you.

ganbattekudasai!