Saturday, May 29, 2010

On the Virgin Cook

I'm not proud of this. But yeah, I don't know how to cook. The most that I know, would probably instant noodle. I mean, of course, it's instant right?! LOL. But really, I am so ever keen in learning how to cook. I want to cook up a feast and started hosting tryouts at home. Something like that. Next time what I have a place of my own. I hope.

Therefore, I went out to the grocery supermarket the other day, on an attempt of wanting to get working in the kitchen. Initial thoughts were to get some raw chicken and vegetables as well as some carrots or potatoes, probably get some soup done or something. But walking upon isles and isles of stuff, I finally gave up wanting to look for all these stuff, and headed to the frozen department. Picked up a pack of frankfurters and a bag of seafood tofu; grabbed a pack of noodles, and headed to the cashier.

That being done, I wanted to do some fried noodles, with them frankfurters and seafood tofu. But when I was given this wok and the induction cooker, equipped with the slightest idea what I should be doing to control the heat as well as the oil and what nots... I gave up.

I threw everything into the boiling water. Noodles, frankfurters and tofu.

5 minutes later, that was my lunch.

Looks like I'm back to instant noodle after all. T.T

9 Jujus:

passerby said...

wah....we're from the same country.
LOL.

I've been thinking of frying taugeh myself since a few years ago....but just thinking, haha.

William said...

Let me recommend that you buy some air dried noodles. Make so dry-tossed noodles, the make yourself some side dishes. Beli lah some greens... and you will never get the homecooked feeling by ccoking frozen foods...

savante said...

You'll learn it along the way :) Nothing like housemanship!

Anonymous said...

hmmm... not bad for first timer, of coz u can polish ur skill, and cook up a storm, before invite us over :P

smallkucing said...

your instant noodle have so much "liu" ...not bad lah. How come tarak vege geh?

[SK] said...

well, at least you won't starve!! but instant noodles with frankfurters and toufu, this is considered a luxury dinner already, haha!!

Gratitude said...

you, a virgin? *rolls eyes* then *faints*

the viennamese said...

Oh gosh, this entry's title... I read it as "the Virgin Cock".. Makes sense hey! :P

Bravebear said...

Adui... Buy 1 cabbage la... cabbage can be kept for quite some time. Good for stir-fry, soup or just throw some into the instant noodle. Very versatile and handy for busy people. just buy a small one if u are eating it alone.