Wednesday, April 28, 2010

On the Tote Bag

Somehow it seems like shopping for a man's bag is harder than a girl picking a dress. Or so I thought.

I've always wanted to get a tote bag for myself. I thought it looks nice. Plus, it's BIG! So I can always have everything put inside without having to burden my poor shoulder like what I'm experiencing now, which, maybe some other days I'll blog about it. LOL.

Having said that, it's not exactly that easy to shop for a suitable tote. The last I saw one that I like, it costed a bomb. CK isn't exactly a cheap brand. So when I was in Taipei last year, I didn't let go the chance to shop, despite having our time scheduled for the conference and sightseeing. Too bad though, I didn't find anything that suit my taste, until I saw one of my colleague, who coincidentally was doing his elective project there, got himself one.

I waaaaaaaantttt one!!!!

Like seriously, I want one. To the extend that, I dreamt of it! I mean, I didn't dream about me getting my own tote. But somehow it revolves around it. But at the end of that dream, I remembered I bought the Nike sling bag instead. T.T Like, so anticlimax can!

If that's not bad enough a sign, when the parents were over in KL to shop for Dad's work shirt in Robinsons at Gardens, I saw one I quite like and I voiced out the desire to Mum, which was shot down instantly. "Aiyah, don't be a girl lah!" T.T I'm not! It's a TOTE!

And when I asked some friends whether they have the same thought as Mum, they said it's not suitable for me. T.T

So yeah. Fine. I gave up. Tote bag is not for me.

Style: "BRIT_SS10_Natural"But I still adore it.

11 Jujus:

the viennamese said...

Gosh, sorry to say this but I can't imagine you with a manbag. But if it makes you feel any better, I never approved of effeminate totes (like the one in the picture) anyway. There are, however, other options. Keep looking! ^_^

Btw, I like what the guy's wearing. Very snazzy...minus the tote bag. LOL

foongpc said...

I don't like tote bag! And the guy in the picture looks good if he can get rid of that tote bag!!

said...

i think its not suitable for u~ kinda girlish for ur macho look

Reanaclaire said...

my sons were just commenting the other day in the mall.. they saw some guys carrying them.. when i saw your pic, i got what they meant.. yes, not suitable, sorry to say.. but his looks are passable.. hahaha....

Pete said...

Ha ha ha, I just carry a simple knapsack! LOL!

Anonymous said...

yeah lor cant imagine u with the tote lah, its more for those skinny guys, i find them look cool with manbag :p

William said...

As long as you can carry it off.

Gratitude said...

Carry one, and the rest of us will walk on the other side of the street! :P
+Ant+

TZ said...

still walking the other side of the street... I will disappear :p

smallkucing said...

errr...weird la. Agree with Pete, knapsack better

Paul Figaro J said...

i got a few lorr..hahahaah....find a day i'll give a tutorial on tote bag....i plan to own a Burberry tote bag...or Prada..heheh..