Thursday, April 22, 2010

On the Home-made Cake

Okay... This happened like, 2 weekends back while the parents came over for the weekend. Mum baked a cake for my birthday, a marble cheese cake. The next time they'll be in KL would prolly be in June, but till then, I'm not going back home as well. So Mum thought it'll be great to celebrate my birthday as well.

The cake wasn't really as presentable you see. But it was baked whole-heartedly with love and care. Ahem. Cheeky as it sound, but yeah, I'm not exactly a writer, and my vocabularies closet isn't that vast either.

When everyone had finally settled down at the dining table, Dad started to sing.

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday Medie,
Happy birthday to Me.

Very cute. I was just taking photos. I didn't sang Dad his birthday song.

But Mum and Sis joined in later:

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to Medie and Daddy,
Happy birthday to you...

Yaaaay... And we cut our cake...

Anyhoos, we couldn't finish our cake. It was too much to take on an empty stomach, what more nothing hot to go together with the cake. So Mum cut the rest of the cakes for Sis and me. I don't have any fridge in my hostel, so we thought it'd be okay to wrap them pieces in the aluminium foil and put it in air-tight container, hopefully it helped to slow down the fungal growing.

But as I said, this happened 2 weeks back, and I wrote this 2 weeks back before the cake is finished. So... Sorry. Hahahaha.

6 Jujus:

Anonymous said...

haiyoooo... so bad lah lolll... i was abt to offer my stomach as storage for ur cake, mana tau, u said u finished it liao :)
nvm u can always ask ur mum to courier u some, then i got to help u lor lollll...

BoeyJoey said...

So thoughtful of your mum... happy belated birthday :-).

William said...

I prefer more swirls in my marble cake. :P

manglish said...

hmmm did i wish u happy birthday oredi? anyway no harm wishin u again hahahah happy belated birthday

Medie007 said...

my birthday is on 23rd leh. :P

smallkucing said...

Eh today is 23rd...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!