Monday, December 21, 2009

On Being Violated

I shall proudly said I was once the linguist when I was in secondary school, particularly in the Malay language. I won the best subject for this language once, can't really remember when though. And to be a Chinese guy who won it, despite being in a Chinese-majority secondary school, I thought it's something quite to be proud of.

See, I participated in an essay writing competition when I was in form three. It was then the National Level Consumers' Day. And the essay that I submitted subsequently emerged as the 1st runner up in one of the junior secondary category. And so I was flown to Shah Alam for the prize giving ceremony.

5 years later, I was googling my name when I came across the essay that I wrote being published in their monthly buletine. I was skeptical at first because I thought it wasn't me, what's more the results in google showed that, the guy was from Johor. But I clicked on it nonetheless and tried to read the article.

It was indeed my writing! I know I'm not as good now as I was back then. *growing nose* But I could definitely still recognize my writing. See, every person has their way of writing, and that guy is definitely me! I mean, okay, my name was already published, as I was the author. But to have me coming from SM Sains Johor??!??! Hello?! I know I might not appear to be a loud and proud ex-student of my secondary school, but I clearly wasn't that happy when you simply admit me into one of those superior school when clearly back then, Chinese weren't accepted into those school!

I felt so violated really. Ugh.

But I left it as it was, it was a bulletin of 5 years back, what's more we're already a few days into 2010. Who would still be reading it anyways right? Other than the author himself who wanted to feel self-worth. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA >.<

9 Jujus:

manglish said...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i am so proud of u 2 AHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAA...sob sob

Gratitude said...

you call that being violated? ISH!

[SK] said...

wow, cool man!! perhaps just a little printing error, but i'm sure you feel so proud of yourself right??

the happy go lucky one said...

so this post is abt the violation, or more abt the winning? *winks* lollll... but honestly speaking, u must b very good :)

Ed said...

i tot someone rape or grope ur balls~ LOL :P

nicky05 said...

im so proud of you, because you are better than me. Even though im from malay school, i cannot write as better as you...hehehe.....XD

savante said...

That's great actually! THough I'm a lil annoyed as well that they got the school wrong! WTF!

Evann said...

So which school were you really from then?

L M said...

Aww, at least it has your pen name on it =)