Monday, August 10, 2009

On Making that Flight Home

"Home is where you belong. When you don't seem like you belong, or when you feel like you're lost and you just don't know what to do, come home. We're always here for you."
Those are the words that Mum told me when she asked me to go home last week. It was however, not the usual tone of concern and care, it was forceful, strong and stern.
"Come home." "We want you back." And it felt like, "You MUST come home. This is an ORDER." "You must not stay in Kuala Lumpur."

That was why, for the whole weekend, if they'd only know, how resistant I felt about this flight home. If only they could see, how carefree I was when I was away with some close friends, it seemed like I was in some place away from this samsara. How peaceful and serene and I was really relaxed, despite all those pain and heartbreak that caused the shed of tears. Numerous tears.

But I guess, parents can only do what they do best...

And so here I am, blogging in the airport while waiting for my flight home. I will not update until next Saturday. There's no connection at home, and I don't feel like blogging using the common computer. But otherwise, should Saturday arrive and I still have no updated anything, then perhaps, I have decided to let go and give up. Having said that, I would like to appologize if I haven't been visiting any of your blogs who've been reading mine. But I promise I would when I'm up and running.

So maybe, this is what this flight is all about. The confrontation. The ultimate confrontation.

Have a blessed week everyone. Om Mani Padme Hum.

11 Jujus:

[SK] said...

all the best, and hope you see the clear blue sky soon.. :)

passerby said...

Good luck.

Danny said...

they are just trying to protect u la..
let things settle down for a bit, then plan ur future la
all the best.. and i still have not meet up with u ler..

Rei said...

Your parents love you.

Yup yup. They just want to make sure that you won't do anything stupid or suicidal like drowning yourself in liquor and drugs. I almost wanted to try it. (shame on me) So, they wanna see you right under their noses. XD

The confrontation wouldn't be as bad as it may seemed though it's heartbreaking to see their disappointed faces.

All the best to you. Can't wait till you're back.

the viennamese said...

Your family is trying to support you through your hard times.

Why won't you let them?

A Common Singaporean said...

Read all your recent posts.

Whatever that you are facing, nothing beats the unity of family.

Parents love is unconditional. As a father, albeit a young one, I am sure of it.

Hey!!! Brighten up!! There is so much else to life!! I am sure you'll get up again soon!

Kling said...

enjoy your days back home!

savante said...

Be with your family for a while. Hopefully things will look better then.

said...

hey buddy~ our family is always there to support us...dun reject them ok?

*hugz*

L M said...

Stay strong and good luck on your journey home.

manglish said...

hey medie..glad to know that you went home and i did whenever i was depressed....but as you grow older, you will learn how to handle your emo better.......