Saturday, May 23, 2009

On a Sweaty Night

Despite sleeping half naked, it gets warmer when you're hugging a bolster that generates heat, or maybe absorbs heat. So sometime in the middle of the night, you'd just give up hugging despite it's what you and your bolster always love to do when sleeping. You'd feel sticky on your back, and when you start to realize drops of sweat dripping from your neck, you finally woke up and stood on the bed. Damn, what's gotten into the world today? Blame ourselves. Blame you. Blame me. Stupid bugger if we'd known it'd be THIS hot, I'd be 100% for the environmentalist.

Damn! Even when I'm typing this post, freshly out of the shower, I began to feel the stickiness already. How am I suppose to even concentrate on my studies when I'm so irritated by the heat?! I can't even concentrate on reading on single paragraph man!

And if you were wondering, the door and windows are all opened. And the fan blasting at its highest speed. And yeah, I'm sitting on the PVC chair half naked. I had to place a small towel on the chair to ease the sweaty bum, because half and hour into reading, I'd be feeling as if my arse is wetting my shorts.

So yeah, I'm not exactly in a mood to talk to anyone. What's more with the added pressure from this current posting with the malignant lecturers, and the exam slowly crawling up as the days go by to finally strangle you with you knowing, it's just not a good night.

In fact, NIGHTS...

It's been weeks since there were sweaty nights. That when the roomie actually tuned down the fan speed when we sleep, I woke up in the middle of the night as if I had a shower on my bed. I complained and complained and I guess he had no choice but to let it blast at the fastest speed to ensure a slightly improved sleep.

I really don't know how long I could stand this heat before I lose my mind. Even the air-con in the library wasn't cooling enough. So tell me... how am I suppose to survive in this heat? Read my books in the shower?

Or perhaps studying in a quiet Starbie outlet... Hmmm...

19 Jujus:

Danny said...

dun simply get a reason to go to starbucks ;p
m feeling the heat too.. and for a sweaty person like me, its really irritating....
but what to do? stop thinking the fact that "I'M HOT" lo...;p

TZ said...

Hmmm.... just wondered how to study in the shower ... maybe you should study in the sauna instead ... hehehehe :p

TZ said...

errrrrr.... why to get bolster which generate heat... if there is one we can sell it to country like Canada for winter usage ... :)

KhaO-LAr-sEXy-PRESS said...

tz, sell bong bong. he's hawt. hehe i'm sure canadians dont mind.

bong bong, ur heaty bcos u ate meat. try vegetarian. there's a saying, heart calms, body calms. obviously ur not. :P

[SK] said...

hmmm, even not-so-sweaty person like me was sweating last night, and woke up almost every hour.. oh god, this weather is so not good to sleep with..

ichimaru akira said...

maybe this would teach u 2 conserve energy a bit :)

JL said...

KL should have been next to the sea then won't be so hot.

MrBunnyBan said...

Wah, even with the air-con in the library? Sounds bad. Maybe invest in another roon fan aimed right at you? At least you won't soak the bed.

.:: Ant ::. said...

Waaaaaa homemade water bed!

+Ant+

Bengbeng said...

phew..it is so hot over there? change yr diet and install aircon. abt the last pic..i that a relative? got some resemblance to you ;) tsk tsk ( joke hahahah )

Twilight Man said...

You are not the only one sweating when freshly out of shower these days when the weather is bonkers. Try switch to Mint Shower foam besides powdering your ass after shower. You will sweat no more.

Anonymous said...

u r just a spoilt brat.do u know some ppl dont even have a fan??be grateful with wat u ave and stop whinning

the viennamese said...

You have no idea what I'd give to be in your place. It's getting so cold at where I'm at I have 2 heaters in my little room and even that's not enough! I just hate the cold. :(

Medie007 said...

Danny, well... change to coffee bean then :P the fact that everyone's hot nowadays sorta makes me think i'm not as hot lor. lOL

TZ, i wonder how to study in the shower too... heat-generating bolster is limited edition one lor :P

koala, vegetarian doesn't help. my heart is clearly not calm indeed. always so nervous and anxious mar... pressure woi...

Medie007 said...

[SK], yalor yalor!!! sigh... nightmares everynight...

ichi, i guess it does in some ways...

JL, KL is not by the sea wor... but by the sea doesnt necessarily means it'll be cooler too

Medie007 said...

ban, thought abt that, but i'm just gonna be here not for so long anymore...

Anton, waterbed leaking...

bengbeng, govn building, cannot install aircon lor. we're renting ony...

Medie007 said...

twilight, will try that advice. though i have no shower wat mint shower foam is. :P but powder sounds simpler. :P

anon, thanks for the advice. next time if you have the balls, it'd be more polite not to use 'anonymous'.

evann, yea? switch switch!!! i so need the cold. :P

savante said...

Hey, drive to the library la. It's not that far away.

Anonymous said...

mayb u can wear an underwear to absorb all that sweat.

love
*YING*