Friday, April 24, 2009

On Post Cake Insomnia

I didn't actually have much time before class starts this morning. By the time I was there, there was only the 2 of us from the same group. I had no idea where the girls were, and I didn't called them either. I headed to the balcony to take a breather and to cool down as the profuse sweat practically drenched my entire shirt.

And then she came in. The mastermind who was behind all the surprise party they threw me one day prior to the real birthday.

"I'm so tired. So so tired. So so tired." She complained.

"Why?"

"You know, after we left last night, the girls came to my room and we talked until 4 this morning."

"Huh?! It was already 2 when we went back to sleep!"

"Yeah I know. But we pillow talked for 2 more hours..."

"I'm amazed you're still able to wake up and come."

"Scared the doctor would notice my absence. Plus, you lah! Cupcakes at midnight..."


I just managed to smile.

I love my group of brothers and sisters to bits. They threw me the most unexpected surprise after our test on Wednesday, cheating me to the ward and lied to me that the consultant would be there that afternoon, and it was afterall my turn to present a case. All those scare about the consultant and what not, what's more with my patients so coincidently being discharged, I was practically waiting to be slaughtered verbally by the consultant...

Only to learn later that, they all got together to surprise me with an ice cream cake.

I thought I had to get them something in return. After all, I'm sure they've been crushing their brains to come up with such a plan that I could not even predict at all! I was left speechless in shocked and surprise; while the videos of me in my shocked expression is seen by those not from the groups now after the birth day. ps: don't even dream of asking me to upload it here :P

Therefore, I got them the chic's cupcake.

Not sure how they like it, but it's the least I could.


On a side not, spent the dinner with a special person myself. I still can't stop thinking about the delicious-ness of the steak. Thanks a gazillion, buddy!



And thanks to EVERYONE who left a wish in the previous post, Facebook as well as via text messages. It's been a wonderful crossing-over to the 1st day of my 22nd year of life. Thanks!

6 Jujus:

[SK] said...

wow, ice-cream cakes, tony roma's steak and cupcakes.. you sure have had a great birthday!! hope you had a great 2nd day of your 22nd.. :)

.:: Ant ::. said...

You know you're loved, right? ^^

+Ant+

C'est la vie said...

Can you imagine that your birthday was actually last for a week? How great your birthday was. I have never had birthday like you did! haha. :P

Twilight Man said...

Wah Wah Wah! So many dramas to make it the merriest birthday bash! Happy Birthday again. LOL

V said...

wah! tony roma's~

so luxurious!

JL said...

I like your birthday posts lol!!! xD