Sunday, April 05, 2009

On Eating Nice Food

I'm a simple guy really. I don't do wine tasting, I don't do food tasting, I don't, I mean, if I'm going, I'm going. But I know I won't be able to tell what's good and what's not. But normally, when the food is relatively delicious, I'd be all gaga about the food.

Especially when it comes to buffet.

So anyways, the conference registration covers a few meals. As it started quite early in the morning, where the plenary lectures started at 8, morning tea were served at around 10. Day one, it was fried vermecelli and something. Day two was chicken and muffin, I think. Day three was sandwiches and mini tarts, and muffins. Day four was fried kway tiaw, muffin and sandwiches.

I was leaping when I saw the sandwiches. Seriously, it was deliciously superb. I couldn't help but to help myself to a few servings. Lasted me till I don't know, am still relatively full when it comes to the lunch symposiums.

Lunch symposiums were slotted with pharmaceutical company products. Updates on the latest drugs in treatment or something. And they've invited distinctive speaker from all over the world. Like, uh, Prof. Rachelle Doody and Prof. Michael Strupp to name a few. No I haven't heard of them before. But check out their publications, Prof Doody has got like what, THOUSANDS, if I'm not being overexagerating.

So normally, it was packed lunch. Huge loads of them at the table outside of the conference hall. I would've taken two packets. But I guess I was very disciplined. LMAO. I remembered the cheese cake they served on day one. Heaven...

And the chocolate brownie on day two... Amazing.

Relatively, the dishes are just pretty much fine to me. Rice, vegetables, chicken, sweet and sour fillet. You know... simple things like that.

After the lectures continued for another one and a half hour after the lunch symposiums, afternoon tea was served. Enjoyed them as much too. Pies, mini tarts, chicken drumsticks... Heavenly. Filled me full up till after dinner time.

The welcoming reception on the first evening, wasn't what I expected. I mean, well, friend told me that welcome reception is like, cocktail or wine. But as I've briefly mentioned that it was a feast on my first post, it was practically a buffet as huge as that of Jagoya's.

No, am just kidding. I never been to Jagoya.

But I wasn't kidding when I say it's a feast. Look at the choices for deserts alone.

Maybe some of you would just say it's not really something jaw-droppingly attractive, but I'm satisfied as I am. Told you I'm simple, didn't I?

Here's a peek as to where we had our Grand Gala Dinner.

This one, I didn't lie about the Grandeur of it.

19 Jujus:

Tanglebloom said...

Hory Crap! Those are some good eats.

Unknown said...

omg what kinda medical school are you in now??? i wanna enrol!!!!

V said...

now we can see how u get "that" physique of urs~ ;P

ichimaru akira said...

erm,U went to a medical conference or a chef meet?

The food looks delicious

Twilight Man said...

You got a crocodile's tongue, not knowing what is good or bad taste. You just swallow whole corpse! LMAO! It is so easy to make you happy, even junk food! Okay buffet steamboat coming soon!

Danny said...

i am also dumb when it come to food tasting... i only know DELICIOUS or YUCK... never ask me to describe the taste of the food.. cos u'll see the normally quite talkactive Big Mouth suddenly...SPEECHLESS...err....

Medie007 said...

tanglebloom, yea they are! :P

binn, it's not by enrolment. it's by selection. :) and, u gotta do stpm for requirement. good luck!

queen B, ouch! double ouch!

Medie007 said...

ichimaru, it's a medical conference, with 5-star food.

twillight, i dun swallow the whole corpse one lor. i like muscles only. not even heart or liver or any of those organs. :P next up, gala! hahaha

danny, my my, hahaha same same lor. :P

TZ said...

I should have sneaked in to the conference and made myself a tag named Dr. TZ... I will get some much nice food and can talk to so many other Doctor ... hehehe :p

Your tie looks very matching with your shirt...
Your dress is so nice ... i think it suits u

the viennamese said...

Ohmigosh you had me drooling at those fruit tartlets. I waaaaaaant!

Medie007 said...

TZ, for a while i thought u actually saw me there. but i did think my tie suits me clothes. la la la

evan, it's over dy lor

.:: Ant ::. said...

That's why i touched your tummy! :P

+Ant+

Medie007 said...

Anton, you knew before i even blogged about it?

Janvier said...

We used to attend the dinners in the days when we had coursemates who'd attend together with us. Nowadays, we'll avoid the dinner bit.

said...

oooooo~ those food seems delicious...my saliva dropping again

Medie007 said...

janvier, can still go wat. just makan ony mar. :P

leumas, they dn't just seem delicious, they are delicious. ;)

Medie007 said...

janvier, can still go wat. just makan ony mar. :P

leumas, they dn't just seem delicious, they are delicious. ;)

Sam said...

OMG, I'm hungry now - thanks to you!!! Grrrr~~~

foongpc said...

I love desserts! Yummy!