Thursday, April 02, 2009

On Crawling on the Road

Here's the earlier half of the story. In summary.

Colleagues asked me out for intimate guys night out on Sunday night.
Little did they know I had already planned to meet up with B since A won't be around.
So colleagues postponed the date.
And off I went to meet up with B.
With no dinner plans and the evening free, I agreed to meet up with T.
Headed over to Ikea just in time to stay out of the typhoon.
But I suppose T wasn't fast enough and was caught in the heavy rain.
And with that, I ended having my balls alone..
Until the colleagues called me up and asked if I'd still be in time to join them for the dinner.
And I agreed, and fled Ikea right away.


And here's the second part.

It was 7 in the evening, it was raining pretty heavily, and I was to take NKVE to reach Klang. Probably will only take me half an hour or so to got back. I didn't exit via LDP but instead opted to head towards Kota Damansara and enter the highway from there.

So I drove, past some traffic lights, and entered Surian, to a massive jam.

Blardy hell? I was patient. I tried. The road probably jammed up because it rained. People drive slowly and brakes too often it's causing the whole traffic to slow down. Or things like that. So I was being patient. And my car moved in snail-speed.

But 15 minutes later, I barely buldged one metre from 100 metres from the traffic light after I entered Surian. The traffic literally came to a standstill for 15 whole minutes. What's more with all the cars coming in from LDP and the tunnel beneath, you can imagine what it's like when a 4 lane road turning into a 6 lane highway.

30 minutes later, I was just reaching Damansara Pelangi apartment. Which, on normal circumstances, is only 2 minutes drive away from the traffic lights. I started to lose it and I honked. Long and loud. But traffic was still a standstill. I shouted and threw tantrum. It was 20 minutes before 8p.m., and I couldn't get through the line to call my colleagues that I'd probably be very late for the dinner.

Another 15 minutes crawling down the lane, as we were approaching the traffic lights before the junction turning into Palm Springs, I thought I finally saw something right ahead. Traffic tends to be pretty smooth after the junction. And I thought there were unusually lots of cars at the side of the road.

But that didn't mean the traffic was moving smoothly as well. It's still moving at the speed of less than 10kmph. Like, THAT slow. But I was less of a man who ran out of patience then. For all I know, it could be quite a really bad accident.

I expect to see some really huge ass massive car piles with hands sticking out or blood smeared over the wind shield of one of the cars involved. Lots of the drivers from the car parked at the side walked towards the spot where all the jam started actually.

And as I approached the 'source', my heartbeat increased. This has better be a very very fatal motor-vehicle accident for causing me a jam for one whole hour....

Wait a minute...

It's not an accident... It's not an accident?? There's no accident??

It's NOT AN ACCIDENT!!!

BLARDY HELL!!!!

The outer lane was flooded. So all the cars from all the 3 lanes squeezed to the right most lane so their car wouldn't need to swim through the water.

What an anticlimax! Urgh! And I was all ready with my camera waiting to shoot some classic accident in the rain. Urgh. Urgh. Urgh!

7 Jujus:

V said...

choi!!

dun be so kay poh one to take pics of accident on the road!

bad karma~

Peng Loon said...

lol.. its ppl taking photographs that cause traffic jam lah!

TZ said...

wow! so happening Sunday.... sure flood if there is a heavy rain.

.:: Ant ::. said...

ABCDEFG, HIJKLMNOP. QRSTUVWXYZ. Now you know your ABCs ....... :P

+Ant+

Medie007 said...

Queen B, OUCH!

Peng Loon, double OUCH!

hahahaha

Medie007 said...

TZ, yeah... Sundays shall always be happening one mar. :P it's a weekend after all. :P

Anton, I knew my ABC since 3. :P

Cris said...

hoping for an accident? do all docs have sick minds like this?

because i have such thoughts too every time there's a massive jam.

it's sick, i know. but i cant help it. XD