Thursday, April 09, 2009

On Anticipating the New Stage

The final year of graduated last Monday. Or so. Theoretically. Since they received the results of their ultimate final and passed. Gladly, the eldest buddy in the buddy line passed as well. When I texted her and asked how she's getting along, she replied that she's having her dinner already.

And before we know it, it would be our turn to worry about our finals. I would shed tears of joy should I be passing mine in 3 years time. Hopefully. Provided that I smoothly passed the one in July this year (it's actually July, not August as mentioned in the previous post).

5 years of medical school, plus all those hard work and dreams since young, finally the investment in education for the past 18 years bore the fruit. Who wouldn't shed those happy tears? I know my parents would.

And so J said...

... this is our calling, our purpose, our way of making a difference. Think of it as a gift. =) I am sure we will all survive and in due time, we'd be having lunch together after long and gruelling hours in the OT/ward/etc...

A source of encouragement really.

All the best, my brothers and sisters.

12 Jujus:

Twilight Man said...

Think positive and be optimistic, so that everything will fall into place nicely. Your course is damn tough but hundreds of thousands of people have graduated, so can you! Gambanteh!

TZ said...

Dude, I'm looking forward to address you Dr... Not putting pressure on you .... All the best and you can do it Dude! ...

MiChi said...

I was aiming to study medic too, but in the end didn't get enough points, only got into UM and face all the dead body.

haha... not to console myself, but i think it's a very big responsible to deal with patient as the doctor is dealing with life~~!!

Work hard, you are almost there!!! heh heh

Unknown said...

hey and u can have ur dreams while I get to stuck in NOT choosing medicine??!!! no fair!!! and now im tired of A levels already.... which pre-U you went anyway?

V said...

no worries...we predict that being a doctor will be the "it" thing in the plu world...

more chances of scoring some fantastic ONS ;P

.:: Ant ::. said...

I think every religions states life itself as a gift. In Buddhism, we humans are deemed to have a precious birth as we have the wisdom to decide the next course of our existance.

Am certain you will do well. You have the character that would make a fine Doc. ^_^

+Ant+

joshua said...

Err I inspired you?

That's shocking and sounds inappropriate, coming from an elected-himbo!

But yeah, THIS CAN ONLY GET BETTER!!!

But dude, isn't graduation like soooooooo long from now?

FOCUS on End-of-Postings first!!!

p.s. I think Palliative Care ROXXX!

Perky said...

3 years will go by so quickly that before you know it, it's already your turn to receive your final results and pass :)

ichimaru akira said...

I got a year more,then maybe go and take my master's

BB said...

listen to the lyrics of 'the climb' by miley cyrus. u will be motivated by it.

huhu.. just a suggestion. :)

JL said...

Hang on there, I want to see you in your graduation robes. Hehe :P

I've 2 more years to go. Boring...

the viennamese said...

My friends and I were talking about doctors (and pretty much everything else) last night and we couldn't help but wonder... Is the main objective of doctors to cure the illness/disease, or to just treat the symptoms? Please advise.