Friday, November 07, 2008

On the Shock of November

There's still about one hour to go before our flight arrives. I'm travelling light. So is sis. Just a bag of clothes and another of our gadgets and important documents. We're going home...

I skipped my afternoon class, and went to the labor-room at noon instead of being on-call at night. For I knew I wouldn't still be in Klang by then. I had lots of text messages and calls from sis, about the arrangement of our travel. I told the family that I would be having class in the afternoon before, that I wouldn't be able to leave that early.

Last flight back home would be at 2200, costing up to 1k for both of us, MAS apparently. Air Asia canceled their 2200 flight. And even with 1k ready, we still couldn't be confirmed of our seats to get home, that we're in the waiting list. So if there's no available seats, we'd only be reaching home tomorrow.

After much thought, I figured I'd just leave early and informed our dear ObGyn teaching clinician that I couldn't stay for the class. So I told sis to get the tickets for Air Asia in KL Central instead of being in the waiting list for MAS in KLIA.

This was what happened...

It was 830a.m. in the morning, I just woke up and was about to head out to the shower when the everyday text message from Mum arrived. I picked it up and it said, "Can call? Urgent!"

Immediately my mind zoomed into something bad happened in the family. Death? Stroke? My stomach twisted and churned while I waited for Mum to pick up the phone.

And I was right...

My paternal grandma passed away this morning.

So yeah, I'm of at this moment, waiting at the LCCT for our flight home... Little brother wouldn't be going back, he's in the middle of his AS level examination, pretty much determining which part of Czech Rep. he'll be going to...

8 Jujus:

[SK] said...

deepest condolence to you and family..

Twilight Man said...

Ah Bong - My condolence & deepest sympathy to you and family. Be strong yeah!

TZ said...

Sorry to hear that... hope that u r okay. Take care.

Rae P said...

may she rest in peace.........

and say my Break a Leg to ur lil bro for his AS exam.

nase said...

My deepest condolence to you and your family. Hope everything's OK.

Not to worry much abt Obs-Gyn, you'll get by for sure. Hated that bloody subject & posting, yeeewwww!

Bengbeng said...

Sincere condolences to u and yr family

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that. take care.

Medie007 said...

Thanks guys... Am doing fine...