Sunday, September 21, 2008

On the New Cases

I totally screwed up my weekend. I thought I'd be doing my rounds on Sunday just enough to cover the ward so that I won't give Dr. C a bad impression. But somehow, like I said, I screwed up my weekend. And now I'm so screwed. I went missing the weekend dunno where to... and I didn't even stepped foot in the ward until 6pm just now.

So back to the ward, I walked around and looked at the patients. Visiting hours were not over, so lots of families around. I checked on the files to see what my patient has, partly to cheat and copy most of the essentials as well. Normally it's just the typical cases. Acute coronary syndrome. Uncontrolled diabetes. Asthma. Pneumonia. But till date, I haven't clerked a single pneumonia cases. There were a few scanty ones alright. Some liver cirrhosis cases, some lung carcinoma, cerebrovascular infarction and epilepsy. So far I've clerked some heart problems, asthma, a few diabetics, I think 2 gastroenteritis problem, seen a jaundiced guy, talked to the grandson of an epileptic patient, talked to 2 foreign workers who were coincidently dengue-infected, also the case-summary guy of diabetic ketoacidosis.

Until...

One of the bed I'm assigned to, has uremic encephalopathy with previous history of stroke.

So bombastic... I didn't clerked him in the end. Have no idea how I should start. And his children didn't seem to be that all friendly...

I just hope Dr. C won't pick him as a case tomorrow.

Dr.C : Okay, who's patient is this?
Me: Mine.
Dr.C: Good. Shall you present?
Me: Errr... I shan't?
Dr.C: Why not? You clerked him right?
Me: Errr... Actually nope.
Dr.C: But you have the whole weekend! And you didn't come to the ward?
Me: Errr... Honestly nope...
Dr.C: Goodness...

5 Jujus:

Janvier said...

Summing up your post, essentially Ah-Bong was away for a romantic weekend getaway (and who knows what else) date until he forgets to come back, ha ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Oh @@" serupa2nyer...

bong in love...

savante said...

Claim you had depression the entire weekend :)

Little Dove said...

Yeah, depression. Just make sure it fulfills the DSM-IV criteria. ;p

Medie007 said...

janvier, apala...

k, ditto... apala?!

savante: good suggestion! hahaha

little dove, apa tu DSM-IV??