Wednesday, September 24, 2008

On the Lunchout

The seniors said they can't tolerate with the food from the canteen. And apparently most of them opt for food from outside after just a mere of a month or some, a couple of weeks. So far I find it okay, the chicken was good. Just that the fish is bad. They used to serve fish in the evening, and chicken for lunch. But for the past few weeks, it's fish for lunch and chicken for dinner. As I said, I don't like to eat fish, no matter how well you cook it.

So for lunch today, I turned around and walked out straight away when I saw they don't provide any other side dishes apart from the fish and the vege. Normally I'd take the vege and the side dish, either salted egg or tofu. So while I walked out, I bumped into SC, one of the group members, and I grimmaced signaling it was fish.

SC: You're going to eat out?
Me: You want ah?
SC: Yes yes yes!


She rushed into the hall, and asked if the other two girls in the group, the angel and JH whether they wanted to tag along. And then I bumped into another friend KW who was on his way into the dining hall, and the company expanded to 5. Just as we were walking towards the car, I saw KK the roommate just about to walk into the dining hall.

So there we were, from the initial thought of skipping lunch, there were 6 of us driving out to the nearest shops for duck rice. Which, eventually ended up with vegetarian food. Not a bad lunch. I kinda like the vegetarian food to be honest.

KK and KW wanted to go for bak kut teh after our first choice for the duck rice wasn't open for the day. But as we passed through the vegetarian food, SC suddenly brought up the idea, saying the other coursemate's two-time attempts to try the vegetarian food there were in vain. I guess it lived up to the expectation. Definitely the best lunch we have in weeks...

Now we were all looking forward for another lunchout for bak kut teh... Maybe some time in the future, or during the next postings, as we will be travelling to Bukit Kuda everyday. heee

2 Jujus:

TZ said...

Healthy vs Unhealthy... quite difficult to choose... Anyway, bak kut teh... I gonna miss u :-p

Legolas said...

I want bak kut teh also...