Sunday, September 28, 2008

On having the Family over

I know it's a bad thing to say. Not that I don't like them or anything. I do, I really do. But the family is gathered at a unit in Damansara, renting a unit in one of the apartments there for the festive season. And I'm sorta reluctant to get together...

Well, that's it... That's all I'm saying...

Wait no... that's not it. With them over, I can barely do anything I wanted to do. That I have been doing for the past few weeks. And well, it's sort of like I'm tied down or something. And I just don't feel like it... That addiction that I had. That freedom that I have been living in. And the MSN-ing with the favourite persons. There's no internet connection in the new place even. How am I going to live through the week!? What's with the end-of-posting exam 2 weeks after they're back to the hometown...

This is just not what I was planning for my Raya holidays...

And yeah, I realized I sounded so much like those ungrateful American teenagers who couldn't wait to get out of their parents' house. I'm such a bitch.

6 Jujus:

Pike-chan said...

the last paragraph is exactly right!! Ungrateful lot! :P

Legolas said...

Sometimes you'll think they're a burden, it's normal. Just don't think they're always a burden. Maybe they just want to see you. They miss you.

Twilight Man said...

Hey bitch. I am glad I found you. I thought I was abnormal to hate family gathering. We're normal ok.

Anonymous said...

You're reluctant to be with your family just because you will miss the internet and your freedom? Without them, you won't be here having this blog pouring out your feelings.

Without them, you won't get to know the world as it is, what more to say about the internet thing.

It's just a week and you're already complaining? Your mom had you for nine months in her tummy. She lost her beautiful young body to bore you, she has to vomit every morning and go through pain to have you into this world and now you cannot even bear a week with the people who brought you up? I rest my case.

Rae P said...

hey u.

some people who understands, understands, some people who don't, just don't.

i know perfectly well, how overbearing families can be sometimes. and i sooo do understand what you're saying.

my only say? just go through the family fest coz it's not gonna last forever. they will end.

Medie007 said...

pikey: i know... i'm so sinful...

legolas: i dun think they're a burden, i was just reluctant to spend the whole week with them...

twilight zone: i dun hate family gathering... i just don fancy having them around me and watching me 24/7. like erm, literally.

calvin: thank you.

raeshad: you're so my soul mate. hahahaha