Wednesday, September 10, 2008

On a Dumb Me

Dr.I: So let's talk about Child Pugh Score. There are five categories: Bilirubin, Encephalopathy, Ascites, Prothrombin Time, Albumin. And there's 3 points for each category. So now tell me, what's the minimum that you can get on this scale.

*flick flick flick* She's like, standing right in front of me and asking us.

Dr.I: C'mon people. You're suppose to be the top in the country. The cream already. Otherwise you won't be here.

Me: One?

Dr.I: No no no... Simple arithmetic. It's really simple.

Classmate: 5.

Dr.I: Yes 5! It's just simple
arithmetic. See, one, two, three, four and five!

She was pointing on the 5 categories that she wrote on the white board. And she turned to me. Smirking...

Dr.I: Hmmm... I wonder what you scored for your arithmetic...



*blushed*
How embarrasing... I admit, I suck big time in my arithmetics. I hate maths. I hate numbers. I just hate figures. I don't know what's the solution to one plus one. Blergh....


FYI, Child Pugh Score is used to measure the stages of liver disease. For more information, Wiki about it.

5 Jujus:

savante said...

There's a cool mnemonic for it somewhere. Go google it.

And it's arithmetic!

Legolas said...

Is this turning into a medical knowledge blog now?

TZ said...

Dude, medical knowledge is a new area to me... hehehe :-p I learnt something new here...

Medie007 said...

savante: really? okay... lazy to go find lah...

leggie: er... no le... din do medical stuff wat.

tz: lol. what did u learn?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I did some testing on bilirubin and albumin the other day. Bilirubin makes the serum very icteric... I was shock when I saw the patient sample, jaundice for sure.