Thursday, July 31, 2008

On Smilling in Lecture

It has been so long ago that I ever actually smiled in lecture. Laugh to be exact. Not counting from the interaction between me and fellow housemates or fellow close friends. But rather, at what the lecturer was talking about.

I've just recently found out what dozes me off in lectures. The lecturers and their teachings. Only certain lecturers with certain way of teachings can get me through each 1 hour lecture wide awake. But so far I've had very little of such lectures.

Today is one of those days which as long as I remember, I actually enjoyed the lecture throughout. It was the abdominal examination lecture delivered by one of the gastroentologist teaching physician. My first impression on him was, gosh, why so fierce one? Apart from the remarks that also caused KK to smile, he's got such a shiny forehead!

The firsts thing he commented was, why wasn't the lecture hall congested? We came in from another lecture hall on the other side of the faculty, not sure if any of them classmates slipped back to their rooms. But it was true that the lecture hall was kinda empty instead of being packed like a sardin can. Yeah, it's the smallest hall in the faculty. Last time when I was here, 150 of us and some of us already have to sit on the staircase already. How many of you here? 198? And I still see empty seats. Where're the rest?

But as the lecture progressed, I started to like him. Not only his lecture, but him in person. He's really funny and I just dunno, he grabbed my attention throughout the lecture. With that shining forhead of his, plus the animated actions, I'm pretty sure you'd like him as well. He doesn't have a superb command of English, but rather the Singlish type with lots of hor, lah, and what nots.

So what do you see? Edema?! Who taught you to see edema in the hand?? And everyone laughed.

Wah! You can see jaundice ah? Supernatural vision hor? 3/6 is it? And everyone roared in laughter.

Okay ah, no price if you get this correct lah. So obvious already. And laughter rocked the hall.

Aiyooo, if I want you to look at the nails, I'd have shown a picture of the nails bah right? How can you see if there's koilonychia from the palm of the hand? Laughs laughs laughs.

I definitely need more lecturer like him alright.


ps: smiling baby by from ko

4 Jujus:

Legolas said...

Humorous lecturers are fun. But I feel so sleepy now...

Janvier said...

Humourous lecturers are often the ones best remembered! We remembered our Malaysian Studies one in uni, talks Manglish that kept the class roaring (and kept a good attendance record seeing how it's Malaysian Studies!).

Darren said...

lectures can be so boring n hypnotizing sometimes...

Medie007 said...

yeaps yeaps! humorous lectures are damn fun!

silencer, depends on how the lecturer carry out the lecture lor