Sunday, June 08, 2008

On the Madness over the Rise

THIS IS MADNESS! MADNESS MADNESS MADNESS!!! EVERYWHERE IS JAMMED AS HELL! ALL THESE MALAYSIAN DRIVERS! SELFISH! STUPID! JAM IS CRAZY! MADNESS! THIS IS PLAIN CRAZY! FIASCO! INSAANEEE!!!!

That was what I sent to a few people I frequently bug, or at least what I thought I sent. The phone doesn't have an outbox function, so I didn't remember exactly what I typed. I left the computer lab at school at 7.30p.m. on Wednesday, and the cars were literally not moving. And when I said not moving, I really do mean it's NOT moving AT ALL. I was stuck in front of the UM gate in Petaling Jaya for about 10 minutes before I could move up to the space of one car. It had really gone crazy, it was literally the worst jam I had ever encountered.

And, thanks to the heavy rain before that, the traffic lights in front of the University Malaya Hospital went black-out. Selfish drivers literally fight their way to get into junctions or any lanes of their wish without thinking much. And it was just at the junction to my road leading to my apartment, where the blue condominium is located (if you know where I'm refering to), that 3 cars from 3 different directions drove at the same time and were all stuck in the middle of the junction. No one reversed, or rather, there were no space for reverse. So yeah, all the other cars just charged forward and made the jam even worse.

I literally could not get home. And I've been cursing inside the car for over 40 minutes since I left the computer lab. It was dark, and I was hungry. What else could I do if not to send more rage text messages to those in the phone book.

I honked my life out in that 40 minutes. I believed it's the most I've ever done in my 4 years of driving. Thank God there's no one in the car, or that other person would go mad, not because of the jam, but rather because I went mad. I literally cursed in every text messages, and even to those I replied to.

I drove down the road, thinking I could make a better progress by driving straight and make a U-turn at Jalan Gasing. Little did I know, that the jam was worse! 2 lanes of cars are literally waiting to enter the petrol stations on both sides of the road. Outrageous! I did manage to make a U-turn in the end, it was almost 9p.m. by then. Never have I thought traffic jam after working hours could last that long. YES YES of course I know about the crazy price hike. I just didn't expect the respond. So yeah, I'm sure everyone in Malaysia who read this knows what I'm talking about.

I turned into the shoplots and decided to have my dinner at the chicken rice shop. I ordered bean sprout, steam chicken, meatballs and 3 bowls of rice. For all I know, I might be waiting in the shop for an hour. I could need some huge amount of food to keep my unrest.

When I finally reached home, it was 10.00p.m..

Alex called and said he's stucked in the road as well. The junction into the road leading to his place was also blocked. And his petrol was running low. Bless him, hopefully his legs didn't fail him by fainting in the middle of the road. Now that would really cause some madness! Well, he's in Klang.

ps1: traffic jam by Hamed Saber
ps2: traffic jam at night by Mudsi

3 Jujus:

Jason said...

Yawns. Who is more kiasu now?

I left Puduraya at 7.30pm and reach home at 11.00pm.

Janvier said...

It was bad wasn't it. You should have avoided all areas near petrol stations, and head back only after midnight.

Medie007 said...

jason: muahahahahahhahaha... but puduraya is far from cheras ma. mine is within walking distance wei...

janvier: that's a good idea! i'm expecting less cars on the road. but it's still jamming everywhere!