Saturday, June 14, 2008

On the 3 Movies

So I was complaining of being bored at home and have nothing to do when Sam asked if I wanted to go for a movie. Hmmm.. I was being skeptical. What other movies are there in the cinema apart from the heavily advertised "The Hulk" which I was saving to watch together with the housemates? And he suggested "Kung Fu Panda". I went, WHAT? But it was his treat, and he had a buy one free one promotion, so I agreed to go pick him up and drove to Cineleisure.

It's hilarious no doubt. I had a great time laughing in the cinema. To think of it, it's just another moral story, to believe in yourself. There were 2 versions as how I see it, a Cantonese, and another of English. Not exactly sure how the Cantonese version would turn out to be, but I think I would still prefer the English version over Cantonese. But sis's friends said the Cantonese version would be better, as most of the names are sort of Chinese name, and prenouncing them in English makes the whole thing sounded so odd. I thought it was fine however. And the voive of the characters. You wouldn't belive the line of movie stars they could actually put it one movie. Animation, I mean. Dustin Hoffman, Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Lucy Liu and JACKIE CHAN! So even if the animation is not that great (which is not true), I'd still credit the movie because Jackie Chan's voice in it! *LMAO*

I loved Tigress to bits!

The following day, housemates decided to go back to their hometown. All of us woke up late from a DotA game till 6 in the morning. And we headed to Mid Valley for 'The Hulk'. I thought it would have a different story from Ang Lee's, which was quite a bad movie. The last I saw it on TV3 a week ago, all those splittings into smaller screen gave me headache. But the preview that I watched regarding the latest installment, there were 2 hulks, so I thought the story would be different from the earlier.

But it turned out to be a great movie! I mean, well yea, it's a little bit cliche no doubt, since I've watched the earlier, so roughly we all know how it goes, not until the two monster came fighting. I watched the blockbuster with YL and CH. Throughout the movie that two kept whispering. Not my style in movies. I mean, not in cinema. I like to discuss with friends, when it's on TV or if it's a DVD kinda session, but I thought it's not appropriate to do so in the cinema. Luckily no one hushed. It was a 2.45p.m. movie, so the hall was kinda empty then. My sis said it's not nice, to her friends (later on that evening before we watch The Happening), but I didn't say anything.

Grrr... I just couldn't seem to find movie stills of the 2 hulks jumping toward each other...

The interesting part, Tony Stark a.k.a. Robert Downey Jr. from Iron Man made an appearance in the end of the movie. Awesomeness! Now. how great the movie Iron Man was, I don't think there's any necessary for me to hoo-hah about it. Of 10 people I met who watched the film, all of them agreed it's cool. How more cool can I say?

Okay, was it me or is it true that it seemed so many Marvel comics character in the silver screen lately? *LOL*

And so, the marathon continues when sis asked me out for a movie at night. The Happening she said. Okie dokie, I've had dinner plan, but I haven't been hanging out with sis a lot, although most of the times it's just plain going out and just do whatever we were set to do. No sitting around and chatting craps. Dunno why, we sort of lost that interests to hang out together... but I still love her no doubt. I bought the ticket before hand, so that we could come at night and save the queue.

As expected, the crowd was huge. The entire place was filled with people. Mostly young adults. M. Night Shyamalan did a good job. Mark Whalberg is good. The Happening is no doubt one one of his best movie thus far. Given a choice, I'm voting this one hands down compared to his older ones like Sixth Sense, The Village or Lady in the Water. I wouldn't compare his movies to any of those Asian horror flicks, because his thriller really gets to you. It's just unique, the way he made his movies. For once I was thinking what would it be like if the HAPPENING struck KL. Creeeepy...

I tried to search for the movie stills where there were people hanging on the tree. Princeton that was. Now that scene IS creeepy... But I couldn't find it. I guess this one would do. It's when the whole happening is starting. This one happened in Central Park New York if I'm not mistaken.

I wouldn't know which one to suggest if you ask me for a recommendation. My recommendation, go watch all of them. They're of totally different genres. Comedy, action, thriller. But they're worth watching.

8 Jujus:

Mr.D said...

Honestly Iron Man wasn't that good. Panda was superb though.
Waa u r really free already ya :P

Medie007 said...

u're the first to go against the crowd. maybe not award winning material, but everyone did said iron man was good. :P

and yeap. i AM REALLY free already. :P

M|key^^ said...

wah... watched so many movies jor hor.... now no complain that u dun hv time watch movie lu~.... haha...

Medie007 said...

ahha mikey... yeap. it's quite a lot of movies. :P

Anonymous said...

I want to steal the picture of the Kung Fu Panda character and their voices. Tried to copy n save it but the resolution so small.....

Medie007 said...

u can look it up on idb site or sth. i came across it by google. :P

Jason said...

Haven't watch any of them lately except Narnia. Kiddie movie.

Medie007 said...

then go watch! :P