Thursday, May 29, 2008

On the long Awaited Letter

So I was saying the little brother was lucky enough to be selected as one of the PSD scholars. Lucky bugger! There are so many straight A1s scorers out there who didn't manage to bag the scholarships, so yea, of course there's all the hoo hah on why they could not get it. So mum was pretty worried if the PSD would even take back the offer since it's been quite some wait. Ridiculous I know, but mum's sort of have the overly-worrying on petty stuff, so you know how bad it'll be when it's something bigger.

Anyway, while I've shared the good news with some friends, they've been asking me as to where little brother is sent. Oddly enough, I don't really know. Somehow, it was different now compared to 3 years ago. We applied for the country we wanted to go back then, but not now. Shhh, to tell you the beyond-my-ability egoistic decision back then, I applied for Ireland. Laugh all you may. If I were to apply for India or Indonesia, I'd most probably be accepted. But ah well... Doesn't matter now anyways.

So anyway, we were speculating as to wher the little brother will be placed. He took 11 subjects. Given during my batch, my schoolmates were sent to New Zealand and Australia. But little brother was saying it's hard to get those nowadays, what's with more and more smarter kids. So we were guessing it might be Russia or India. And I had a feeling Czech Republic might be an option as well since there are scholars being sent there since a few years ago.

And Mum texted me.

Holy COW!? How more lucky can he get? I'm not really much a fan of Australia and New Zealand, to be honest. Don't know why. But if I've had known about Czech Republic, I would've applied for that as well. My friend's friend appealed and got to go to Europe. Ugh.

Imagine all those things we can get in Prague. The beautiful sceneries, the beautiful, ahem, people. I can so die happily. Even if life as a medical student there is as hard as it is here, if not harder. I'm so greeeeeeeen!

It's Europe for heaven's sake! Europe! Take the train and you're out and about. I could finish exploring the continent and come back 6 years later saying, I've been to at least 20 countries. How can I NOT BE JEALOUS?!

Heck. Don't tell me he's my brother and I should be proud and all. I am. But I'm still jealous!


I shall start plan for my graduation vacation. It shall be Europe no doubt. Not only Prague, I'm going all over. Alone or not, I don't care.

Ack! I missed out Spain and Portugal in my red arrow trail. Will still go anyhoo.

pics courtesy of Flickr: 1, 2, 3

4 Jujus:

Pluboy2 said...

u know the link about czech rep and gays rite? kekeke... haven...

calgraden said...

europe trip huh...so nice!! I also want to go...haha

Janvier said...

Yesh. Travelling is fun! And Europe is be-yooooo-ti-FUL!

savante said...

Great fun! Make sure you travel and party right before you start work!