Friday, April 18, 2008

... On Quiting Med School

So we were having dinner at this mamak stall at the clinical students' hostel tonight, the same old dish of chicken rice as it's quicker. While paying for our food, we saw a senior medical student still clad in her white coat walking towards us.

She smiled. And stopped in front the 5 of us. Looking at us and sheepishly said, "I've seen you guys. But I can barely remember your names!" Not funny, I couldn't remember her either. I know she's a final year senior, but yea, I don't know her name. Now, that's wrong. Juniors are supposed to remember seniors, seniors can not remember the juniors. At least that's what I thought. Luckily though she didn't ask me if I know her, or I'd be in hot soup.

(Hopefully none of the seniors are reading this. LOL)

Anyway, while walking back to the library, the senior caught up with us.

Senior: I wonder why are you guys her? How come you guys are inside the college?
Us: We're going to the library...
Senior: Oh okay... I gotta go back to the hospital, so pity have to tapau...
Us: For your friends?
Senior: NO! The housemans... Tired tired tired... Quit now before it's too late!
Us: Housemans?? What postings are you in now?
Senior: O&G. Horrible one I tell you. I've been standing since yesterday morning! Tonight have to on call some more! So, you guys, quit med school. Quit NOW! It's a nightmare!
Us: But you still looked so freshen and energetic.
Senior: Of course! I've channelled all my energy towards classes. And I make full use of my free time to sleep.


Of course she didn't convinced us with that smiling face of hers. Plus, KW said she's a very hilarious senior. Very friendly one too.

Now now, when I do my O&G posting during clinicals, I wonder how am I ever going to stand not sleeping for 36 hours. Darn! I can't even stand 24 hours, and you're telling me there's on call at night, with a full day class the following day, not to forget the class on the day before!

Can I sleep on the patient's bed? I promise I won't do anything naughty. No Grey's Anatomy scene. Nope. Nada... Unless though... the patient is hawt hawt and hawt. *sniggering*

Okay, I was just kidding.

7 Jujus:

Little Dove said...

If you survive your clinical years, then you'll need to make it through internship. It's not as bad as it sounds. It's all about time management. :)

How's the pedal oedema?

Pike-chan said...

apa itu O&G???

Medie007 said...

little dove: pedal oedema is gettng better. thanks for the concern! :D

pikey: it means obstetric and gynaecology. pregnancy stuff

savante said...

Well... not like you're given a choice :P You have to remain awake anyway.

Unknown said...

y always got bully stuff...especially from the senior and boss.....everywhere....everytime..maybe human always wanna show thier superiority...........

Medie007 said...

paul: apa boleh buat... :P

kwangkwok: you BLOG?! :P

bongkersz said...

oh, you want to train how to not sleep 36 hours? go clubbing till 4am or go mamak watch champions league matches, then come back study or do what ever, continue again the next day.. see how you tahan. to add more 'kick' down some beers or hard liquor. if you survive, then sure no problem in future no sleeping for 36 hours.. haha! i tried, drop dead at 40+ hours.. tertidur.. lol! too tired.