Wednesday, February 13, 2008

About Being on The Front Page of the Newspaper

Sequence of event: Sunday morning, before the flight, after the visit to the temple.


Rush rush rush.

Mum cooking in the kitchen. Sis packing and sealing off the tupperwares of food. Lil bro still sleeping. Dad's reading newspaper. Me doing nothing and pretended I was busy, walking around and obstructing everyone's way. Just as we were preparing ourselves for the heavy brunch, me scooping out the rice from the cooker, suddenly something came up.

Me: Seriously? WHERE?
Sis: Front page.
Me: OMG! I wanna see!


Guess what?

Nooo, not the headlines you... The photo made the front cover.

Some photographer was stalking us! But anyway, how often in this lifetime do we get to be featured on the front page right? No doubt we had at some points in our life, been photographed and were printed on the paper, such as when the results were out, or that of the competitions and all, but this is totally different! We were caught candid! Stalker stalker stalker! *sniggering*

Dad: Thank God my face wasn't big...
Mum: Or everyone would be saying, isn't he the bla bla bla?
Dad: Oooo.. yeah! I thought so too! That photographer knew me! He was at a few functions I attended..
Sis: Eleh, perasan... It's just some random shots lar...
Dad: No no no, I've noticed him walking around the temple with that giant camera of his...
Mum: Either way, you're too small.

Lil Bro: Blardy hell, should've let me know he's taking photos.
Me: How would he let u know anyway, he zoomed in from the bottom of the flight of stairs...
Lil Bro: I wasn't ready! Look at my blardy face! All those zits... Urgh... I could've show my face sideways...

Dad: Sis's face is the clearest. Direct from front. B looked so fierce...
Sis: Ah well, not that people knows me here anyway. Besides, it's not so clear too...

Me: What the heck was I doing? And why the heck was my face so big?! I wasn't even the front guy!

Mum: I'm fat... eeeeee...


Lots of funny conversations came up on our way to the airport. How funny we all may be at times. Lessen the sorrow of Mum sending away two of her kids.


Seriously, it's a first time! *grins*

8 Jujus:

Ganymede said...

*gasp!

Your 15 seconds of fame was on national paper?! Front page some more?!

Sialan... :P

Unknown said...

ee hee hee, front page candid Bong family in natural habitat :) kewl, everyone can see such a close happy family u r in :)

Kihu said...

woa.. oh yah I did appeared in newspaper bfore too by winning some sort of competition with my brother and his frens... but that is lke soo many years ago.. I think its around 15 years alreadya ahah

bongkersz said...

wow! bongs in the news! bangga eh! hahahaa! i did appeared before, but that was when i was young and horny. :P

Fable Frog said...

wah~ the pic so big some more!!! banggas!!

Aleckii said...

Hahha! Hope I'm not too late to wish you Happy Chinese New Year!

My classes are starting again... bummer!

Jason said...

Oo.. I love to stalk ppl. :P

Medie007 said...

QR: lalalalala

Jane: errr.... we could do some free publicity alright! WAKAKAKA

Famez: 15 years?! MY GODS... so long...

Bongkerz: young and horny?! Egads..

Fable: banggas aper wor... banggas amongst ourselves adela...

Aleck: classes also started here. :P

Jason: Can see that.. WUKAKAKKA