Saturday, September 08, 2007

50th Golden Celebration Part I

I'll start my celebration blog form the eve of the grand day. We had classes back then, 3 lectures and a practical. But I supposed all the lecturers knew with one student like myself who was already in the holiday mood, there won't be much class anyway. LOL. So, in the end, we only had one lecture.

I went to Sunway Pyramid with a few friends after class around 10am. We tried something totally new to me that day. Before this, the few times I was there, I was the spectator laughing at the new kids learning how to skate. But I guessed I was the new kid being laughed at that day.
The picture above obviously wasn't taken on that day. It wasn't as crowded then. So we had a lot of fun having most of the space making fun of ourselves. The first 2 rounds was okay, I was holding the walls while learning how to walk. It was later when I tried walking on my own that I realized what great deal of energy infants need when they started to learn how to walk. LOL. Of course, it's not a lesson of walking if we never fall. I had my gluteus maximus muscle tasted some pain of coldness of the floor plus the basic falling down on your butt kinda pain. It was a great time spent. Lot of laughter and lots of curses in the heart. I believed the spectators up there would be laughing their arse off listening to the thuds and ouchs.
I did learn a few things though.
1) I didn't know what you call the place where people skate. Skating brink?
2) Skating is not as easy as it looks
3) Butt muscles are such good cushions
4) Babies must've cursed a lot whenever they fall back down
5) Ice surface, seriously slippery
When we left around 4.30pm, it's the expected taxi phenomena. PJ area? No. *sigh* So much of a Malaysian taxi driver....
Anyway, the celebration continues.... yipeeeee! Only students like myself knew what we could have later on. Fireworks! Fireworks! Fireworks! And smooches beneath the fireworks! hahahaha... Just kidding.

2 Jujus:

Janvier said...

Close. It's the skating rink. It's stressful fun innit, ice-skating?

Medie007 said...

yeap... freakingly fun... hehe