Friday, March 15, 2013

On The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp

Admittedly, I'm not a person of arts. Nor am I into history. I like looking at paintings, wanting to feel as if I'm artistic *coughs*. But truly, I cant give zilch comments on what brush strokes or what colour tone or heck I can't even make the difference of what oil paintings and the other *what do you call it again?* paintings...

I quote one of my professors, medicine is itself, an art. But to me, anatomy is the art. Physiology is the science. So, logically it's a mixture of both. But many would have known there was this painting by Rembrant.


I have came across the paintings before. But admittedly, I didn't pay any special attention in art history or sort. So I've seen it, but I have no idea who painted it. Although I would probably sound dumb to many when I say I don't even know who Rembrant is.

Until now.

Thanks to Wikipedia alright.

And located via the web-encyclopedia that the painting is in the Hague!

And I thought I made it my main purpose of travelling halfway across the globe to witness it with my own eyes...

0 Jujus: