Wednesday, November 21, 2012

On Trailing Beijing #02: Stone Tablets

The Temple of Confucius at Beijing (北京孔庙/北京孔廟) is the second largest Confucian Temple in China. There are stone tablets recording the names of many generations of scholars who passed the Imperial Examination, now serving as a vital research into the gruesome examination of feudal China.


So while we were looking through the tablets, wondering how such a stone would endure hundreds of years and still not ruined by the snow and rain and such... And how come ancient people of China could carve every single characters in such precision and similar font just amazed me...

And then there it was...


I saw a name that sounded like my Dad's siblings. LMAO! From Fujian County where my Grandpa was from. OMG! Are you one of my long-lost great-grand uncle?

1 Jujus:

Small Kucing said...

could be relative also