Thursday, January 19, 2012

BKK: Temple of Dawn at Sunset

We were following the guide on LonelyPlanet, that if we were lucky enough we would be able to catch the sunset along Chao Phraya River with Wat Arun at the foreground. And so we did!

But the sunset wasn't as impressive there. (After having seen much more impressive sunset elsewhere). The sun wasn't exactly setting right behind the temple from where we stood. Perhaps it would be nice if we moved further down the river, perhaps nearer to the Chinatown. But well, it was my first day, I wasn't quite familiar with the city yet.

So what was also known as the Temple of Dawn, became Temple of Dusk to us that day.

Perhaps the next time, we would be there for the Dawn. After all, it wouldn't be called such if it's not magnificent during sunrise 'aye?


And that... sums up my first day in Bangkok. LOL

3 Jujus:

Twilight Man said...

You know what? I passed Wat Arun so many times but never entered the grounds! What a shame on me! I will do so after seeing your photos.


GONG XI FA CAI!

[SK] said...

beautiful sunset, nice shot!!

Medie007 said...

YES Mr Twilight, you should! Gong Xi Fa Chai to you too!

Thanks SK. Happy CNY!