Friday, September 09, 2011

On the Parking Summon

It was a lazy Friday. Class ended early, and I didn't want to stay back in the hostel. After waking up from the nap realizing I missed lunch, I just headed out straight away. So I parked my car, it was pretty slow in SS2 PJ. Withdrew money from ATM machine in the bank and instead of leaving straight away, I just subconsciously walked into a Indian Muslim restaurant and ordered some food. Halfway through eating, the waiter called out and was a bit panicky that some officers from the municipal council was issuing me a summon. I ran out, half hoping he had not issued the compound. But I guessed I was too late. Guess how much it was? F*ckin' 100RM!!!!!!!

I was so pissed, I took the compound straight away, and crumpled it. I swear it was just less than 10 minutes into my food! And I wasn't parking in any yellow lines or anything, it was a solid parking spot, and it's not like it's a peak hour where the car park was needed urgently. Why can't he cut me some slack?! What escalated the anger was how the officer was in this 'serve you right' tone, saying he had been circling around the car for so long and I was taking my own sweet time eating in the restaurant.

So I drove over to the municipal council building, intending to clear it straight away. Parked in the public parking building, not wanting to risk another parking compound, seeing at least 3 officers walking on the street with the summon coupon book in their hands.

Once inside the payment office, I pressed for a ticket and headed to the payment counter. It was only then that I realized the other man who came in together with me headed to the other 'discount' counter. But what the heck, I won't beg for forgiveness. I was pissed! The lady behind the counter was surprised when I gave her a crumpled compound and 2 50Rm notes. I was sure she knew I did it. She asked me to head over to the other counter, for payment deduction. And...

Well...

Let's just say I was the stupid one acting all too emotionally.

It turned out that my late lunch at the restaurant cost me Rm25 when I could have it for less than Rm10. Boo-hoo.

4 Jujus:

Small Kucing said...

ouch...rather expensive lunch :(

[SK] said...

ok lah, at least after discount you just need to pay RM20.. just drink two pints less beer lor~~ :D

Reanaclaire said...

hey...looking on the brighter side, they gave u 75% discount wor! hahaha.. just to let u know, i kena few times already... and i only get 20% discount in ipoh.. from 40rm to 30rm .. no 70% la!

Gratitude said...

The subconscious mind can create havoc kan? lolz
+Ant+