Wednesday, May 04, 2011

On Getting a Drink

俗语说: “借酒消愁愁更愁。”

The Chinese proverb forbids people from solving misery with drinking as it will only make things worse. True enough, it gives you the high and judgment impairment momentarily; but once the effect wear off, reality hits again.

But I've got to say, Hoegaarden is quite a handsome beer.



courtesy of pic: Ben's Slice of Life (permission was not asked, sought via Google image search; if the owner didn't like it, do drop a comment.)

5 Jujus:

Robinn T said...

beer ar? never really liked them because of the bitterness+ beer belly possibilities

RcKs said...

Reminds me of alcohol liver cirrhosis

Gratitude said...

Tempus, I'm not a real fan of beer but I'd enjoy a pint if Hoegaarden is available. ;)
+Ant+

[SK] said...

借酒消愁愁更愁 is never as bad as 未曾酒醉已清醒 lor.. you got the difference??

TZ said...

i have to stop working OT and study hard. I'm getting fatter and fatter now. Sigh~