Tuesday, May 17, 2011

On the Coloured Container

Went to KLCC during weekdays is fun, less crowd, colder air-con, more room to breathe...

Walked into the Petronas Gallery or whatever, they had some exhibition going on, displaying works from students of the arts faculty from the local universities. Thought I would be able to enjoy the exhibition, so tried to walk around, trying to find solace.

Quite a failed attempt. I'm not an artistic guy after all.

But the massive art works pretty caught my attention.


And they're actually containers filled up with watered colour...

Displays like this... I never really understand. I think it's taking up spaces, and it's not exactly environmentally friendly either... considering all the costs and raw material to create this art. No offense, I'm just being blunt.

I think people of the art communities are going to kill me one of these days...

8 Jujus:

Reanaclaire said...

oh..those are containers? i was thinking what they are.. :)

Anonymous said...

the artist's gonna hire someone to kill you...

Danny said...

its kinda abstract .. i dun mind to have that in my house cos its quite interesting and refreshing .... wish that my house is as spacious as the gallery la...lol ;p

doc said...

isn't the parking at KLCC very expensive? where can you park cheaper?

medie007 said...

Claire: I was wondering earlier too...

anon: bring it on!

Danny: that's why you're in creative industry

doc: got one open air parking next to avenue k, charge per entry.

[SK] said...

oh, that is indeed very impressive.. brilliant work done!!

Robinn T said...

nvm i done even have an artistic bone in me. Yay us!

Gratitude said...

I suppose you'd only be happy if those coloured thingies were edible jelly :P