Friday, December 10, 2010

On Knowing a Disease

More often than not, many of us would be looking up on the net whatever diseases we're having. For instance those who have diabetes would be reading so much about it they could challenge the doctor on the medications they're prescribed. Similarly, from what I encountered, there was a mother whose daughter was born with Pompei Disease (which is very very rare), actually told us off when we tried to ask her about her daughter's disease.

"You go back and read first."

Like. Okay... Fine...

So when one of my colleagues presented with a swollen upper eye lid, she went like, "Ask me anything you want to know. I went online to look for what this is already. It's not a chalazion, it's a sty."

"I thought it's blepharitis?"

"No, I also search for that. Blepharitis actually predispose to sty."

And she went on and on about the difference of chalazion and sty, the treatment and risk factors and what nots.

So in the end, I came up with a conclusion. To know a disease well is to have it yourself.

LMAO!

4 Jujus:

Small Kucing said...

yup I went online to search oo when my lymph nodes suddenly swollen like a bunch of grapes

Gratitude said...

Gosh, what a coincidence. I'm having it now, never ever had it in my life b4. Thank tushita it's only a minor irritation.:(
+Ant+

SynchingZincInc said...

what if it's a cellulitis?

helix

[SK] said...

so many jargons there.. i suddenly find myself so lack of those medical vocabulary..