Monday, October 18, 2010

On Pushing With the Mommy

Spontaneous vaginal delivery is one hell of a tough job. I know the pain in unbearable. I never have the idea how it'll feel like. I only know it's super painful, which is why, I salute all mothers for having to go through a whole big baby coming out via the vagina.

The deliveries that we have to conduct, especially the ones we anticipate, whereby we have to do a little bit of encouraging, i.e. all the scenes we see in the television about shouting, "Push push push!" thingy, we have to prep ourselves and wear this sterile gown.

The thing is, the sterile gown is thick, and it was just plain hot in them, especially when I've got my shirt and my white coat underneath. (Who asked me to keep the white coat on, right?)

So, the few times that I conducted the deliveries in those gowns, and especially when the delivery is taking more than 1 hour, I'd be sweating as much as the mother, if not more. It was hot, it was really hot. On top of that, we've got the spot-light thingy shining at the vagina so there would be adequate lighting. You know that thing, lights shone from such a lamp is just heating everything up.

Therefore, my own sweat was dripping down my forehead and my face while I was shouting those encouragement for the mommy.

On one occasion, my female colleague actually came forward to help me wipe those sweat off my face. The nurse said I couldn't become a surgeon, more than once. If I were to, the nurses in the operation theatre would be busy helping me wiping my sweat.

Sweat really. =.="

And the medical officer asked why was I sweating, it was as though I was the one delivering.

LOL.

8 Jujus:

carpe diem said...

The MO sure was funny. I sweat a lot too. So I kinda understand what you go thru.

Reanaclaire said...

maybe u r feeling the excitement of the coming baby too! hahaha...

Paul Figaro J said...

is it necessary wear your normal white coat in OT??

LittleLamb said...

private hospital got aircon

[SK] said...

hmmm, then you have to make sure you sweat don't drop onto the patient, especially the openings~~ :p

Gratitude said...

Wah so much sweating? much better than jogging then!
+Ant+

Twilight Man said...

When the baby came out, you cried in joy too?

the viennamese said...

You were getting hot looking at the lady? Oooh Medie! o.O