Thursday, March 04, 2010

On the Ancient Drama

15 years ago, when I was of singular numerical age, when I still wore white shirt and blue shorts to school, I remembered we finished our homework as fast as we could after dinner, and we would sit in front of the television by 9 at night to catch the drama series aired. There was one period when TV3 showed all those fictional ancient drama.



Apparently, while I was back home last holiday, I came to know that NTV7 was showing "Huan.Zhu.Ge.Ge" (還珠格格) or literally translated as "Princess of the Returning Pearl" at mid day. Now don't ask me why the translation sounds so funny, but apparently, I think, the emperor of China used to "award" names to the princes or the princesses.

I remembered I used to go all gaga about this drama. After the first season ended, they came up with a second season, retaining all the same casts, which was awesome, because I got used to having Vicki Zhao as Princess Huan.Zhu..



But now that I watched the drama again, I was really annoyed with Princess Huan Zhu. She's reckless, she's naughty and she's rude. I wonder why I thought she's adorable many years ago. Perhaps I've been polluted over the years. Innocence has been long gone...

Due to the great response in season 1 and season 2, they decided to come up with season 3. But sadly, they replaced the main cast. Vicky Zhao (趙薇) was no longer in the cast, and so did the handsome Prince #5 Alec Su (蘇有朋). Sad thing really.


You know what I mean. LOL.

10 Jujus:

Paul Figaro J said...

err....not actually know what you meant....what so sad abt it worr??

Reanaclaire said...

yeah yeah, i remember this show.. little princess.. now she is so womanly.. hahaha..

said...

koo kui kei also not bad ma~

CH Voon said...

paiseh paiseh... i know this movie but i never watch it before. maybe that moment i oustation or stay at kl gua... without TV life

smallkucing said...

Grrr...i used to get very irritated by this drama. Dragged on and on.

Gratitude said...

Yea, rude people seem so uneducated. Best to avoid those characters.
+Ant+

savante said...

As we grow up we tend to sympathize less with childish rebels :)

Anonymous said...

oh i cant stand these dramas, i remember i told my family to prepare a bucket b4 they switch on the movie coz there r always CRYING n TEARss...

manglish said...

ahaahhah i was watching the drama til like 4am in the morning and usually skip the ziwei part bcs it was such a drag and i liked the most was wen that rong mumu(?) kena tendang by the emperor hahahaha

Donna said...

Manglish: tsk tsk tsk...暴力狂

Meddie: lol, saw the huan zhu ge ge pic in foongpc blog, then click one.. eh.. i USED TO love this movie, but dunno whether i still like or not now. XD