Sunday, August 02, 2009

On Speaking For the Final Paper

Monday, 3rd of August 2009, 1.05pm.
Reporting at the Clinical Examination Ward.
Long Case Examination.

Notorious as the killer paper since last 2 years for holding back a lot of seniors who failed to score enough marks to secure themselves a pass in this component.

Somehow, just our luck that for 3 years consecutively, the medical school management reorganized the marking systems and well, we have to pass all the 4 components in order to pass our finals.

First component was of the ongoing assessment since we were in Klang, all the little tests and what nots. 2nd component would be the theory papers last Monday and Tuesday, testing us on the different fields of medicine theoritically. 3rd paper, was the objective structured clinical examination, where each questions are to be answered within 5 minutes, and after that we were to move to the next question, which is located in the next table. Adrenaline sky-rocketed for the one and a half hour exam on last Wednesday during the OSCE paper. But alas, I think so far I'm okay. Keeping my fingers crossed that what I feel is really what the marks will be alright. (I know my mum's praying very hard for me back at home too.)

And of course the fourth component would be where I will be at this moment tomorrow, as in yeah tomorrow, Monday the 3rd of August. It's a long case examination whereby a real patient will be involved, whereby we need to get their history, and do simple examinations, and to perform what we have found to the examiners at the end of 1 hour. Sounds simple? Nope.

As simple as it seemed, speaking in front of the consultants are not a good feeling. You're in all ways, intimidated and you'll feel absolute stupid. And you'll pee in your pants when you take more than 5 seconds to come out with the answer, and you'll go back to your room after the exam worrying whether or not you'll be able to make it to pass the exam.... God! I'm praying that I'll get a nice nice examiners... Please pretty pretty pleaseeeee....

And to know that we have to pass all the 4 components to be able to proceed to the final year of medical school... God saves me... God saves us all... *kneeling down*

Say a prayer for me guys...

13 Jujus:

[SK] said...

i'll say a little prayer on you, come to the final stage, and wish you all the very best :)

nase said...

good luck and all the best, yeah. keep your cool by all means no matter how tough and think rationally. have a good rest tonight to be fresh tomorrow morning and you should be alright!

Gratitude said...

All the best for this final hurdle. Please get enough sleep tonite ya. ^_^

TZ said...

Dude, make sure you have a good sleep tonite... don't be like me :(

Anyway, transfer all the good luck back to you... i have thrown away all the bad luck which costs my exam... :)

All the best to your exam eh!

manglish said...

dun worry......you have made it so far, you can make it this time too....remember being a doctor is very much like an investigator....u have a hunch and you follow the hunch and look for all the signs and symptoms to hunt the disease......:)

Medie007 said...

[SK], thanks dude. ;)

nase, alrighty doc.

Gratitude, thanks... pray for me yah...

TZ, hehehe, thanks thanks.

manglish, well, hopefully i get a nice nice doc lor. so tat they won't intimidate me so much...

Danny said...

finally.. the last phase of the exam huh?
all the best..:)
c u after that la :))

blue said...

sometimes the nasty lecturers can turn out to be erm...not as bad as u think. So just relax your mind and body and go with the flow ^^

Medie007 said...

Danny, thanks thanks. sure will see u after exam yah!

bluesoule, best is, not to get them as the examiner lor... cuz once u see their face u already fumble...

the viennamese said...

Fold a thousand of those paper cranes and make a wish! :)

All the best!

Paul Figaro J said...

ok ok, tomorrow morning kan,
the moment i wake up, before i put on my make up. I say a little prayer for you.
while combing my hair, now, and wondering what shirt to wear now, I say a little prayer for you.

Then at office,
at work i just take time,
and all through my coffee break time,
I say a little prayer for you.

nahh....now u have all my prayer liao....so...don't worry lah

savante said...

You will get through this! Believe it! We all somehow muddled through as well :)

Unknown said...

kick some exam ass! =) kekekeke all the bestest best~