Wednesday, August 20, 2008

On A Sunken Heart

As a sequalé to the previous post on this waiting heart, things started to change. Not for the better, somehow for the worse. And I wonder how long I could hold the tears in, knowing so much that I was actually looking forward to going to somewhere near. Yet...

The dawn is breaking,
a light shining through.
You're barely waking,
and I'm tangled up in you.

I'm open, you're closed.
Where I follow, you'll go.
I worry I won't see your face
light up again.

Even the best fall down sometimes.
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme.
Out of the doubt that fills my mind,
I somehow find,
you and I collide.

I'm quiet you know.
You make a first impression,
I've found, I'm scared to know,
I'm always on your mind.

Even the best fall down sometimes.
Even the stars refuse to shine.
Out of the back you fall in time...
I somehow find,
you and I collide.

[Howie Day//Collide]

2 Jujus:

Vincent Lai said...

Hey Jason,

Don't know the whole story to your situation, but I can empathise what you're going through. These are the bits of bitter pill one has to swallow with the coming of age. Cheer up.

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Vincent
http://FightGBM.blogspot.com

Janvier said...

Ooo Howie Day. Always a good song to listen to. Keep your chin up!