Monday, August 18, 2008

On A Cameronian Escapade

Cameronian friend became our housemates for 6 weeks before we finally leave PJ to Klang. As the weekend drew nearer and the last week we'll spend together as housemates coming to an end, we decided to head over to Cameron Highlands together for a weekend away from med school for once. Well, not on purpose. Rather, Cameronian friend wanted to go home and visit his family. So KW & gf, CH and I took the opportunity to tag along. After all, Alex did say it's only during our uni years we get to travel around the country and squat at friends' place for free, at the same time visit the place.

Apparently, Cameronian friend hosted numerous stay-over before. Our friends visited and stayed over at his house in small batches ever since we became classmates 3 years ago. Thus, according to a friend, the 3 ultimate things to do during this escapade: 1) Eat strawberry ice-cream, 2) Steamboat and 3) Play mahjong (or learn to play, at least). The last goal was mainly because we're staying at a friend's place, and Cameron, according to her, is quite a bore at night...

Anyways, CH and I went on Saturday because tickets were sold out for Friday afternoon. We became fried prawns from the afternoon heat due to malfunction air-con. And the whole journey took 7 hours. So we were totally beat when we reach the highland. Still, we were gladly welcomed by the Cameronian friend, KW and his gf once we reach Tanah Rata...

And we went to accomplish the first ultimate goal...

Followed by the 2nd...

And finally spent the night fooling around together in the room.

___day2
Day 2 practically were spent visiting the highlands. We drop by one of the Tea&Scones rest stop on our way from Bertam Valley to Brinchang, and enjoyed the scenic view of the famous tea plantation. We had 2 glasses of overpriced tea before left we went uphill.

Bee farm.

Equatorial Cameron.

Chinese temple.

Tiny waterfall.

Water reservoir, which used to be a dam.

And came back down to the hawker stall for the best chicken chop we ever had.

Finally visited Cameronian friend's former school.

We didn't visit the Cactus Valley or the Rose Valley however. We're there more to visit and experience a day in the life of our Cameronian friend. Which, didn't exactly turned out that way. But at least we know there's a very delicious chicken chop in the hawker stalls in Tanah Rata. And we learnt how lucky students here must've been, to be able to live in a place with natural air-conditioner.

We also visited the farms in the evening. Kinda excited about it all really. My first time seeing what carrots before being marketed is like. LOL. And all those vegetables.... Gosh...

It was drizzling a little. Therefore the heavy fog... Excited me even more...

I love this place. Honestly. I love the weather. I'm not sure I could survive, without internet connections and megamalls... But I would forgo the techy stuff and get a place up here for the fact that I love cold weather. With Astro, I don't see how I won't love this place.

What's more... Look at the architecture!!! I would kill to have them houses. Maybe build one of my own, I mean.

We didn't get to achieve our 3rd ultimate goal. I haven't got the chance to learn how to play mahjong unfortunately, since it was the gold medal match between our shuttler and the (pardon me, but I just don't like you) arrogant world no.1 shuttler that night. Pretty disappointed if you ask me. All of us gave up hope even from the start of the game. A gap of 11-5... Practically hopeless if you ask me.

But I had the time of my life consuming Cameronian durian. Yummilicious... A lot of them yummilicious durians too. LOL.

___day3
We finally left Cameron on Monday morning, on the 0830 bus back to the routine...

Just before I thought it'll be the end of our escapade, I brought home something Cameronian. To remind me that life can be slow and steady and pretty relaxing sometimes.

7 Jujus:

Anonymous said...

I think I haven't visited the place for a good decade. Must go there again when I'm back.

Anonymous said...

Is that little girl qi qi? grown up so much d...
I miss the place a lot...

Jason said...

We thought you went with Froggie.

Legolas said...

And you didn't go to a certain farewell party! Blasphemy!

Janvier said...

See someone chose a Cameron trip that could happen any time over a farewell party hahaha (no offense ya).

Camland's a great place to go for a vacation, provided you plan for things to do indoors while you're there, like boardgames or mahjong!

Medie007 said...

cc: haha. then go visit again! LOL

ah ning: yeaps. the little girl grown up fast. lol

Medie007 said...

jason: nope. havent met froggie for a loooong time.

leggie: i know. i'm so sorry for that.

janvier: so sorry... i wasn't certain if i want to go to the party when i was asked if i want to go to cameron on the same day... and i wasn't close to half of them in the guests list also.